- If you or someone you know is in need of assistance, please visit our Help for Texans page.
- The presentation slides for the Lender Tutorial (PPT) are now available. To request more information or a presentation in your offices, please email us at TexasHOMEbuyer@tdhca.state.tx.us
- Join our new Texas HOMEbuyer Assistance Program email list to receive up-to-date information about funding availability and recent changes to the program by sending an email with your contact information to TexasHOMEbuyer@tdhca.state.tx.us
Texas HOMEbuyer Assistance Program
The Texas HOMEbuyer Assistance Program provides up to $20,000 in down payment assistance and closing costs for qualified homebuyers purchasing a single family home, condo, or new manufactured home in the counties of Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Hays, Travis (excluding the Austin city limits), and Williamson. Assistance is provided in the form of a 0% interest deferred, forgivable loan. Households do not have to be first time homebuyers to qualify.
Household Eligibility Requirements
Households must be prequalified for a mortgage loan and currently working with a licensed Residential Mortgage Loan Originator (http://www.sml.texas.gov). Households must occupy the home as their principal place of residences for the entire TDHCA HOME loan term to receive forgiveness of the loan amount. Total household income cannot exceed 80% of Area Median Family Income for the county in which the home is located:
|County||1 Person||2 Persons||3 Persons||4 Persons||5 Persons||6 Persons|
NOTE: TDHCA will verify income eligibility. Income and debt may be calculated differently than a Mortgage Loan Officer.
The property must be a single family home, condo, or new manufactured housing unit that will pass a Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspection and environmental clearance conducted by TDHCA. The property value must not exceed the Section 203(b) mortgage limits (pre-Economic Stimulus Act) established by HUD.
Additional limits and requirements as well as the application process are described in the update to the lender tutorial presentation slides (PPT). To request more information or a presentation in your offices, please email us at TexasHOMEbuyer@tdhca.state.tx.us.
- + Texas HOMEbuyer Assistance Reservation Summary
- + Rules and Regulations on the Secretary of State Web site
- + Training Materials
- + Marketing Materials
- + Homebuyer Application Materials
- SAMPLE 1003 Uniform Residential Loan Application (Lender form may be substituted) (www.efanniemae.com)
- Texas HOMEbuyer Assistance Program Supplemental Application (DOC)
- Homebuyer Program Assistance Calculator (XLS)
- Texas HOMEbuyer Assistance Project Checklist (DOC)
- Affidavit of Same/Assumed Name (DOC)
- Affidavit of Marital Status (DOC)
- Texas Statewide Homebuyer Education Program (TSHEP) providers (PDF)
- + Housing Quality Standards (HQS)
- + Closing Materials