My First Texas Home Program
Home loans, down payment assistance and closing cost assistance with mortgage tax credit option for eligible first time home buyers of all professions
- Available to first time homebuyers, veteran or a homebuyer who has not owned a home within the past three years
- 30-year fixed interest rate mortgage loans
- Down payment assistance and closing cost assistance up to 5% of the loan amount
- Available to qualified home buyers from all professions
- Available statewide through a network of participating lenders
- Government Loans (FHA, VA, USDA) and Conventional (FNMA HFA Preferred) loan products
- Option for dollar-for-dollar reduction on federal tax liability through the Department’s Texas Mortgage Credit Certificate Program*
* Available to first time homebuyers only. Buyers can maximize their benefits when they combine a Texas Mortgage Credit Certificate with a mortgage loan!
- First time homebuyer, veteran or a homebuyer who has not owned a home within the past three years
- Income limits apply
- Purchase price limits apply
- Minimum credit score of 620
- Other requirements may apply
Contact a participating lender for specific details and information.