- ARRA-WAP Cities (PDF)
- WAP traditional agencies (PDF)
- WAP Subrecipient Production Schedule, 1/25/2010 (PDF)
ARRA Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
NOTICE: The Recovery Act Weatherization Assistance Program ended June 30, 2012. For current Weatherization activities, visit the regular Weatherization Assistance Program.
Quick Links (links to information on this page)
- Ramp-down Resource Center
- Program Information
- Program Summary
- Program Resources
- Reporting Resources
- Training Resources
- Background Information
The ARRA WAP Ramp-down guidance files posted below are working documents. Be sure to review these documents frequently for updated guidance. If you have any questions about the ARRA WAP ramp-down process, please contact your assigned Program Officer.
|General Guidance||Date Posted||Date Revised|
|Ramp-down Guidance (PDF)||11/03/2011||2/16/2012|
|Ramp-down Timeline (PDF)||11/03/2011||2/13/2012|
|Ramp-down Checklist of “Closeout Actions” (PDF)||11/03/2011||2/14/2012|
|Q&A from 2/17/2012 Webinar Presentation (PDF)||02/22/2012|
|Property Disposition||Date Posted||Date Revised|
|Property Disposition Process and Guidance (PDF)||11/03/2011||12/2/2011|
|TDHCA Inventory Sheet (DOC)||11/03/2011||2/16/2012|
|Client Eligibility||Date Posted||Date Revised|
|Sample Client Letter for Income Eligibility Change (DOC)||11/23/2011|
|Texas Workforce Commission||Date Posted||Date Revised|
|UI Payment Flowchart for Agencies (PDF)||12/12/2011|
|Prepayment of Unemployment Insurance (PDF)||12/2/2011|
|TWC Voluntary Contribution Program (PDF)||12/2/2011|
|Unemployment Benefits Estimator
|Historic Preservation||Date Posted||Date Revised|
|SHPO Questions (PDF)||12/5/2011||2/15/2012|
|Final Texas Historical Commission Annual Exemption Report Template (XLS)||12/5/2011|
|1512 Reporting||Date Posted||Date Revised|
|1512 Reporting Instructions||02/17/2012|
|ARRA Household Database||Date Posted||Date Revised|
|ARRA HH Upload Instructions and Template||03/1/2012|
U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)
Modeled After This Existing Program:
Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
Total National Funding Provided in the Recovery Act:
Estimated TDHCA Annual Amount Before the Recovery Act:
$13,000,000 Note: This reflects approximately $5 million in annual DOE WAP and approximately $8 million from the federal Low Income Home Energy Program directed toward this activity.
Supplemental TDHCA Amount (in addition to “before” amount above):
- WAP funds local agencies to provide minor home repairs that increase energy efficiency. The measures funded ultimately reduce the family’s overall energy consumption, create a healthier living environment and reduce the state’s overall demand for energy.
- Allowed activities under the existing WAP program include:
- measures to reduce air filtration, such as replacement of doors and windows, repairing of holes and caulking;
- installation of ceiling, wall and floor insulation;
- replacement of energy inefficient appliances and heating and cooling units; and
- energy education to help families reduce their energy consumption.
- The Recovery Act increases the income limit for the population that may be served from 150% to 200% of federal poverty guidelines.
- NOTE: The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (the Department) currently sets the income limit at 125% of federal poverty guidelines.
- The Recovery Act raises the monetary cap that may be spent on each household from $2,500 to $6,500.
- NOTE: The Department currently combines DOE WAP funds with other funds to provide an average of $4,000 per household.
- The Recovery Act increases the maximum percentage of funds that can be used for training and technical assistance from 10% to 20%.
- The initial application was submitted to DOE on March 23, 2009.
- The complete application is due to DOE on May 12, 2009.
- The Recovery Act states that, unless provided for otherwise under the Act, all funds shall be available for obligation until September 30, 2010.
Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
Buy American Provision FAQs and further assistance is available from DOE at http://www1.eere.energy.gov/recovery/buy_american_provision.html, including:
- Buy American Desk Guide
- Guidance on the Buy American Provisions as Applied to EERE Projects funded by ARRA effective December 17, 2009.
TDHCA has requested proposals from firms with a minimum of two years prior experience in providing weatherization auditor, assessor and/or inspection services in compliance with WAP and TDHCA rules, standards and guidelines. Successful applicants appear on the TDHCA Weatherization Auditor, Assessor and Inspector Qualified Vendor List to be hired by WAP subrecipients. WAP subrecipients are not limited to the Qualified Vendor List when procuring auditor, assessors and inspectors. Note that WAP Subrecipients must follow applicable procurement rules and policy.
- 10 TAC Chapter 5, Section I, Deobligation and Reobligation of Funds for Department of Energy Weatherization Assistance Program under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (PDF)
- Chart of Movement of ARRA WAP funds between Subrecipients referenced in the March 28, 2011 Public Hearing Announcement (PDF)
- Revised ARRA-DOE State Plan for Texas (PDF)
- TDHCA-THC Agreement on Weatherization Activities (PDF)
- THC Mobile Home Exemption Memo (PDF)
- Production Schedule Template (XLS) and Instructions (PDF)
- Monthly Production Schedule Webinar Video - 6/2/2010 (01:26:54)
DOE ARRA WAP Calendar (May 2010 - September 2011):
|Previously Weatherized Units & ARRA Households||15th|
|1512 Quarterly Reporting
(Done quarterly on the 5th)
|July 5, 2010
October 5, 2010
January 5, 2011
April 5, 2011
July 5, 2011
October 5, 2011
|Final Report for DOE ARRA WAP Contract will be due October 31, 2011.|
For more information on Recovery Act Reporting, please visit the ARRA Reporting page.
- DOE Multifamily Weatherization Webinar - August 19, 2010 (2:10:46 – WebEx)
- Texas Multifamily Part 1 - 20100519 1204-1 (0:47:20 - WebEx )
- Texas Multifamily Part 2 - 20100518 1314-1 (1:51:38 - WebEx)
- WAPTAC (DOE WAP Technical Assistance Center website)
- Weatherization TV (http://wxtvonline.org/)
- The Department held three public input sessions on the following topics related to the Recovery Act: Weatherization Assistance Program; Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program; and the Community Services Block Grant Program. Transcripts in PDF format are provided:
- The Department's WAP Web page
- DOE Funding Opportunity Announcement
- DOE WAP Web page