Manufactured Housing Division
Any Texas consumer with a complaint regarding sales, deposit refunds, warranty matters, or titling issues, should file the Consumer Complaint Form (PDF fillable) and submit it to the Department for investigation within the following timeframes:
- New home issues - Within the one year manufacturer's warranty or retailer's warranty
- Used home issues - Within 60 day habitability
- Installation Issues - Within the two year installation warranty.
- Right of Recession - All consumers are entitled to a three day right of recession without penalty, meaning the consumer may back out of the deal with a full refund of any deposit (there are some exceptions for special ordered homes and real estate transactions involving monies spent from escrow, just to name a few).
- Deposit refunds - Retailers must refund a consumer's deposit no later than the 15th day after the date that written request of the refund is received from the consumer (proof of notice required).
Visit Consumer Protection and General Information or contact our Consumer Complaint Hotline at 877-313-3023 with questions or to request a form.