Help for Texans
Important Information about Emergency Rental Assistance funds
The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) has received $1.3 billion in Emergency Rental Assistance funds from the newly passed Coronavirus Relief Bill. TDHCA’s Texas Rent Relief program website and phone systems are up and running and ready to answer questions. TDHCA will accept applications from landlords and tenants beginning February 15, 2021, at 8 a.m. Central Time.
- Learn more and apply online at TexasRentRelief.com
- Learn more and apply by phone at 833-9TX-RENT / 833-989-7368.
Be sure to stay informed on all upcoming announcements for these funds by joining TDHCA’s email list and subscribing to the ‘Pandemic Related Rental Assistance for Tenants and Landlords’ topic.
Find Help in 3 Easy Steps
The following criteria applies to the programs, resources and organizations listed in Help for Texans only. These criteria statements are not applicable to the new funding available at TexasRentRelief.com
- TDHCA assistance and funds go to local provider organizations, NOT individuals directly.
- TDHCA does not accept applications from individuals.
- This page will take you through a process to provide you contact information for those providers for your area.
- Providers listed may be at capacity with their funds, and may not be able to assist all who call them.
- If no provider is available, check with your local city or county about available assistance resources.
- If you have a question about one of our programs or you have an inquiry regarding a TDHCA monitored property, please visit http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/overview.htm or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the type of help you need, enter your city or county, and get a list of organizations that may be able to help you.