Special Funding Initiatives
From time to time the Multifamily Finance Division may post RFPs, RFQs, and Special Funding Initiative materials to this page which are not otherwise listed on the Application & NOFAs page.
HOME American Rescue Plan (ARP) Rental Development
HOME-ARP Rental Housing NOFA
- 2023.2 HOME-ARP Rental Housing NOFA Second Amendment (PDF)
- 2023.2 HOME-ARP Rental Housing NOFA First Amendment (PDF)
- 2023.2 HOME-ARP Rental Housing NOFA (PDF)
- The first Application Acceptance period will be for Developments that are only requesting HOME-ARP from TDHCA, or are requesting HOME-ARP layered with 2022 or 2023 4% HTCs, 2022 9% HTC, HOME annual, or National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF). NHTF Applicants are only eligible in the event that the per unit subsidy limit for NHTF would be exceeded with additional NHTF. Applications layered with 2020 or 2021 4% or 9% HTCs or 2023 9% HTCs are ineligible to apply during the first Application Acceptance Period.
- The second Application Acceptance period will be only for 2023 9% HTC Supportive Housing Applicants, if funding is available
Application materials for the 2023-2 HOME-ARP NOFA can be found below:
- 2023 HOME-ARP Certification for Gap Financing Applicants (PDF)
- 2023 HOME-ARP Certification for New Applicants (PDF)
- 2023 HOME-ARP Manual for Gap Financing Applicants (PDF) (updated January 26, 2023)
- 2023.2 HOME-ARP Supplemental Application for Gap Financing (XLSX)
- 2023.2 HOME-ARP Supplemental Application Release Notes (XLSX)
- 2023 HOME-ARP Supplemental Manual for New Applicants (PDF) (updated January 26, 2023)
- 2023.2 HOME-ARP Rental Housing NOFA Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) (updated January 26, 2023)
Additional materials may be needed at https://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/multifamily/apply-for-funds.htm.
Further guidance materials for HOME-ARP are available at https://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/home-arp/index.htm.
HOME-ARP Rental Development Guidance
- HOME-ARP Webinar Recording – Overview (Youtube.com)
- HOME-ARP and Affirmative Marketing (Youtube.com)
- HOME-ARP – Rental Guidance Webinar (Youtube.com)
- HOME-ARP New Applicant Guidance Webinar (Youtube.com)
- HOME-ARP Gap Financing Guidance Webinar (Youtube.com)
- HOME-ARP Referral Methods, Preferences and Coordinated Entry (Youtube.com)
- HOME-ARP Qualified Population Eligibility (Youtube.com)
- HOME-ARP Rental Housing NOFA Amendment and Manual Update Overview Webinar (Youtube.com)
HOME-ARP National Housing Trust Fund Set-Aside
The Department programmed $56,511,887 of its HOME American Rescue Plan (HOME-ARP) funding into affordable rental housing. Within the rental housing activity is a $10,000,000 set-aside for direct awards to qualifying National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF) Developments. This set-aside was created to preserve existing Department investments in NHTF-funded developments from 2020 and 2021 that may otherwise be at risk of being not financially feasible. The Department has sent notices of eligibility to qualifying NHTF Applicants, and closed the set-aside on December 31, 2022. More details of HOME-ARP are available online at https://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/home-arp/index.htm.
HOME-ARP Application Logs
The HOME-ARP Rental Application Logs posted on this website reflects the 2022 HOME-ARP NHTF set-aside and 2023.2 HOME-ARP Rental NOFA. Questions about the HOME-ARP Rental Application Log may be sent to Naomi Cantu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 HOME-ARP Rental Application Log (XLSX) (updated 8/4/2023)
2023-2 HOME-ARP Rental NOFA Application Log (XLSX) (updated 8/4/2023)
Post Award Guidance
Post Award Guidance for the initiatives above is not currently available.