Overview and Distribution
The Department's Housing Choice Voucher Program directly administers approximately 900 Housing Choice Vouchers. The 2020 renewal funding from HUD is approximately $6.6 million. The Department administers vouchers in 34 counties. Additionally, the program is able to serve clients anywhere in the state through the Project Access Program.
To apply for subsidized housing assistance and to find out if you qualify, one of these resources should guide you to the office you need to contact.
- TDHCA directly serves the areas listed in the HCVP Service Areas list (PDF).
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development PHA Contact Information
This Web page will direct you to the office that serves your area, based on your state and your local community.
- For questions or complaints regarding other housing authorities in Texas, please contact one of these HUD Regional Offices:
- Houston HUD Office (713) 718-3199
- Fort Worth HUD Office (817) 978-5700
- San Antonio HUD Office (210) 475-6806