2013 Tax Liens Scheduled for Removal (second and final notice)
On February 1, 2018, taxing entities were notified that Tex. Occ. Code 1201.219(g) and (h) allows tax liens to be removed from the title records of a manufactured home if it has been delinquent for more than four (4) years and there has been no lawsuit filed to collect the taxes in question within the four year time period.
Therefore, tax liens for tax year 2013 will be removed from the system, unless the taxing entity provides confirmation of any law suits filed so the liens can be preserved. In addition to the liens which have a tax suit filed, the Department has determined that tax liens which have been deferred, placed on a payment plan, have a judgment on file, or are under bankruptcy, appropriately fall under the same legislative intent and should also be preserved.
Please accept this as second notification requesting confirmation of 2013 liens which have a tax suit filed, have been deferred, are on a payment plan, and/or those under bankruptcy so that they may be preserved. The new law provides the taxing entities with 60 days from the second notice to provide the confirmation requested. If confirmation is not received by midnight on Sunday, April 15, 2018 all 2013 tax liens will be removed from our system.
For more information please feel free to contact Cindy Bocz the Tax Lien Manager at 512-475-2884.
- Manufactured Housing Division Information Bulletin (PDF)
- Texas Windstorm Association (TWIA) Flyer (PDF)
- MHD Governing Statute: Government Code, Chapter 2306, Subchapter AA (PDF)
- Report Illegal Activity
- What you need to know before you buy (PDF)
- Statement of Ownership Application Instructions (PDF)
- Flyer: Unlicensed Activity is a Crime (PDF)
- Manufactured Housing Approved Operating Budget (PDF)
- Sign up to receive email updates