Manufactured Housing Division
The Manufactured Housing Division (MHD) of the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs administers the Texas Manufactured Housing Standards Act. Because of its regulatory nature, MHD has its own board and executive director.
NOTICE:The Manufactured Housing Division will close at noon Friday, May 24, 2013 and reopen at 8:00 am Tuesday, May 28, 2013, in observance of the federal Memorial Day holiday. We look forward to serving you at that time.
Announcement: Consumer Complaints
Any Texas consumer with a complaint regarding sales, deposit refunds, warranty matters, or titling issues, should file the Consumer Complaint Form (PDF fillable) and submit it to the Department for investigation within the following timeframes:
- New home issues - Within the one year manufacturer's warranty
- Used home issues - Within 60 day habitability
- Installation Issues - Within the two year installation warranty.
- Right of Recission - All consumers are entitled to a three day right of recission without penalty, meaning the consumer may back out of the deal with a full refund of any deposit (there are some exceptions for special ordered homes and real estate transactions involving monies spent from escrow, just to name a few).
- Deposit refunds - Retailers must refund a consumer's deposit no later than the 15th day after the date that written request of the refund is received from the consumer (proof of notice required).
Announcements (This link reveals a new section.)What's New (This link reveals a new section.)
- Incorrectly Filed Tax Liens
- Retail Monitoring Requirements
- Contact Information for Tax Lien Section
- Recording Feature for Central Tax Collectors
- Jo Leigh Ares dba The Park Girl, La Feria, Texas
- Salvaged Homes from Wildfires
- Monthly Titling Report Provided Electronically
- Dealer’s Inventory Tax: Bexar County
- Priority Handling Service Now Available
Featured ItemsFAQs (Question/Answer)
- Manufactured Housing Division Information Bulletin (DOC)
- Texas Windstorm Association (TWIA) Flyer (DOC)
- MHD Governing Statute: Government Code, Chapter 2306, Subchapter AA (PDF)
- Report Illegal Activity
- What you need to know before you buy (PDF)
- SOL Application Instructions (PDF)
- Flyer: Unlicensed Activity is a Crime (PDF)
- Filing and Releasing Liens as a Central Tax Collector (PDF)
- Manufactured Housing Approved Operating Budget (PDF)
- Sign up to receive email updates