2011 Tax Liens Scheduled for Removal (first notice)
2011 Tax Liens Scheduled for Removal (first notice) Tex. Occ. Code 1201.219(g) and (h) allows tax liens to be removed from the title records of a manufactured home if it has been delinquent for more than four (4) years and there has been no lawsuit filed to collect the taxes in question within the four year time period.
In addition to the liens which have a tax suit filed, the Department has determined that tax liens which have been deferred, placed on a payment plan, have a judgment on file, or are under bankruptcy, should also be preserved.
Prior to removing any liens, the following steps will be taken:
- February 1, 2016 - First notice will be sent to all taxing entities requesting confirmation of any tax suits filed on liens that are four or more years old. Upon confirmation, tax liens with tax suits will be preserved and tax liens without tax suits filed will be removed from the title records.
- February 16, 2016 - If no confirmation is received in 15 days, the Department will send second and final notice requesting confirmation of this information from the tax collector. If after sixty days from the second request the taxing entity has still not responded the Department may remove the tax liens in question. That deadline is midnight on Saturday, April 16, 2016.
Both the request by the Department and the response by the tax collector may be done via electronic mail or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liens on record that are four years or older will be posted on the Tax Lien Information page of the website at: http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/mh/tax-info.htm.
Please feel free to contact Cindy Bocz the Tax Lien Manager at 512-475-2884 with any questions you may have.
- Manufactured Housing Division Information Bulletin (DOC)
- Texas Windstorm Association (TWIA) Flyer (DOC)
- MHD Governing Statute: Government Code, Chapter 2306, Subchapter AA (PDF)
- Report Illegal Activity
- What you need to know before you buy (PDF)
- SOL Application Instructions (PDF)
- Flyer: Unlicensed Activity is a Crime (PDF)
- Filing and Releasing Liens as a Central Tax Collector (PDF)
- Manufactured Housing Approved Operating Budget (PDF)
- Sign up to receive email updates