2010 Tax Liens Scheduled for Removal (second and final notice)
On February 2, 2015, taxing entities were notified that Tex. Occ. Code 1201.219(g) and (h) allows tax liens to be removed from the title records of a manufactured home if it has been delinquent for more than four (4) years and there has been no lawsuit filed to collect the taxes in question within the four year time period.
Therefore, tax liens for tax year 2010 will be removed from the system, unless the taxing entity provides confirmation of any law suits filed so the liens can be preserved. In addition to the liens which have a tax suit filed, the Department has determined that tax liens which have been deferred, placed on a payment plan, have a judgment on file, or are under bankruptcy, appropriately fall under the same legislative intent and should also be preserved.
Please accept this as second notification requesting confirmation of 2010 liens which have a tax suit filed, have been deferred, are on a payment plan, and/or those under bankruptcy so that they may be preserved. The new law provides the taxing entities with 60 days from the second notice to provide the confirmation requested. If confirmation is not received by April 17, 2015, all 2010 liens will be removed from our system.
For more information please feel free to contact Cindy Bocz the Tax Lien Manager at 512-475-2884.
- 2009 Tax Liens Affected by HB3613 (Second and Final Notice)
- Central Tax Collector (CTC) Tax Lien Flagging Access
- Licenses are Required to Sell and Install Manufactured Homes
- Consumer Complaints
- Incorrectly Filed Tax Liens
- Retail Monitoring Requirements
- Contact Information for Tax Lien Section
- Jo Leigh Ares dba The Park Girl, La Feria, Texas
- Monthly Titling Report Provided Electronically
- Dealer’s Inventory Tax: Bexar County
- Priority Handling Service Now Available
- Manufactured Housing Division Information Bulletin (DOC)
- Texas Windstorm Association (TWIA) Flyer (DOC)
- MHD Governing Statute: Government Code, Chapter 2306, Subchapter AA (PDF)
- Report Illegal Activity
- What you need to know before you buy (PDF)
- SOL Application Instructions (PDF)
- Flyer: Unlicensed Activity is a Crime (PDF)
- Filing and Releasing Liens as a Central Tax Collector (PDF)
- Manufactured Housing Approved Operating Budget (PDF)
- Sign up to receive email updates