Income and Rent Limits
Housing Tax Credit, Tax Exempt Bond, HOME, Neighborhood Stabilization and Housing Trust Fund rental development programs
2016 Project Income and Rent Tool (XLS)
This tool will identify maximum income and rent limits for TDHCA administered properties participating in the Housing Tax Credit, Tax Exempt Bond, HOME, Neighborhood Stabilization Program and Housing Trust Fund rental development programs only. The tool incorporates the FY 2016 Multifamily Tax Subsidy Income Limits published by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for the HTC and Tax Exempt Bond programs released March 28, 2016. The most current Neighborhood Stabilization Program income limits were released March 2015. The Housing Trust Fund rental program uses the HTC Income and Rent limits. The Community Planning and Development (CPD) section of HUD released the 2015 HOME Program Income Limits June 1, 2015 Rent Limits and are effective for all new leases and lease renewals (including month to month leases) after May 31, 2015.
The Community Planning and Development section of HUD has not released new limits for the HOME Program. When that data is available, it will be incorporated into the Project Income and Rent Limit Tool.
These income and rent limits were produced using data released by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and reflect the changes made to income limits through the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008 (rural limits, hold harmless etc.). Failure to enter the accurate project specific data will result in erroneous data.
The Department held a webinar December 9, 2011 to discuss how to properly use the Income and Rent Tool. Visit the Compliance Presentations page to view the webinar.
If you have questions about income and rent limits or believe there is an error in the data, please contact Stephanie Naquin at (512) 475-2330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amy Young Barrier Removal Program, Bootstrap Self-Help Housing Program and Contract for Deed Conversion (CFDC) Program Assistance Grants
- View the "2016 HOME Income Limits - Texas" PDF file (effective June 6, 2016)
- Under “Filter By”, select “2016”. Scroll to bottom of screen and select “2016 HOME Income Limits – Texas”
- The list of Texas Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs) begins on page 1
- The list of Texas counties begins on page 7
- For the Amy Young Barrier Removal Program: use the "LOW INCOME" row
- For the Bootstrap Self-Help Housing Program and CFDC Assistance Grants: use the "60% LIMITS" row
- View the "FY 2016 state Income Limits for Texas"
- First select the state “Texas”
- Then under “Or view FY 2016 statewide Income Limits for Texas”, hit the “View State Calculations” bar
- For the Amy Young Barrier Removal Program: use the "FY 2016 Low-Income (80%) Limit (LIL)” table
Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) Program
- HOME Fair Market Rent (www.OneCPD.info)