Compliance - Utility Allowance Information
Requests for an Application for Funding
Forms (Updated 11/14/2016)
Upon completion, submit utility allowance requests related to applications for funding to UA-Application@tdhca.state.tx.us (please note that this is a separate process than for established developments). The submission must include the Utility Allowance Questionnaire for Application and all back-up documentation to support the request. Requests not submitted to this e-mail address will not be reviewed.
Requests for Existing/Established Developments
Forms (Updated 8/29/2016)
- Utility Allowance Questionnaire (DOC)
Must be completed for both requesting to switch utility allowance methodologies and for the annual utility allowance review.
- Notice to Residents of Annual Review of Utility Allowances (Template) (DOC)
Must be completed and posted for the annual review of the following methodologies: Written Estimate, HUD Utility Schedule Model, Actual Use, and Energy Consumption.
- Notice to Residents of Intention to Revise Utility Allowances (Template) (DOC)
Must be completed and posted when requesting to switch methodologies to Written Estimate, HUD Utility Schedule Model, Actual Use, or Energy Consumption.
All submissions must be uploaded to the Development's Compliance Monitoring Tracking System ("CMTS") account. When uploading, please be sure to choose "Utility Allowance Documents" in the "Type" dropdown menu. In the description box, please indentify the method (e.g., written local estimate, HUD model) and if it is an initial request or annual review. In the "TDHCA Contact" dropdown menu, please select "Utility Allowance."
For more information on utility allowances for multifamily projects funded by the Department contact:
Cody Campbell, Compliance Administrator
Phone: (512) 475-4603
All queries regarding energy assistance and weatherization please refer to the Community Affairs page.
- Treasury Regulation 1.42-10 - Utility Allowances (PDF)
- 26 CFR Part 1 - Section 42 Utility Allowance Regulation Update – Effective 3/3/2016 (PDF)
- HOME Final Rule §92.252 (ecfr.gov)
- HOMEfires - Vol. 13 No. 2, May 2016 (PDF)
- Title 10, Chapter 10, §10.614 Utility Allowances (Secretary of State website)
- Frequently Asked Questions