Texas Department of Housing & Community Affairs - Building Homes and Strengthening Communities

Find an Apartment

Individuals and families looking for an affordable apartment or home in the Texas State area can find a list of TDHCA monitored rental properties and organizations that offer rental assistance by visiting Help for Texans or the Vacancy Clearinghouse.

Visit GoSection8.com (www.gosection8.com) for Housing Choice Voucher ("Section 8") and other subsidized rentals or view U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development ("HUD") funded housing listings on HUD's Low Rent Apartment Search (hud.gov).

Additional information can be accessed by contacting your local Public Housing Authority ("PHA").  A listing of the Housing Authorities in the State of Texas is available from the HUD PHA (hud.gov) page.

For helpful tips, read HUD's Renter's Guide (hud.gov).  For additional assistance or to access the help of a housing counselor, view the list of HUD Approved Housing Counselors (hud.gov) in the State of Texas.  For more information on filing a complaint or accessing legal assistance in the State of Texas, visit How to File a Complaint.