Real Estate Analysis
Director of Real Estate Analysis
Phone: (512) 475-2973
Fax: (512) 475-4420
PO Box 13941
221 East 11th Street
Austin, TX 78711-3941
The Real Estate Analysis division provides the TDHCA Governing Board and staff with comprehensive analytical reports necessary to make well informed decisions for funding of affordable housing developments.
The following resources provide underwriting reports for the applicable funding source, or group of developments. The file numbers listed are linked to the PDF version of the underwriting report. These resources will be updated as underwriting reports are completed. Requests for underwriting reports not included in these spreadsheets may be emailed to Pamela Cloyde at email@example.com.
- Roundtable and Online Forum: 2015 Rule Amendments (REA, Asset Management and Compliance)
- The 2015 Real Estate Analysis Rules and Guidelines (PDF) encompass the Department's standards for underwriting, market analyses, appraisals, environmental site assessments, property condition assessments and direct loan requirements.
- 2015 Real Estate Analysis rules as codified in Chapter 10, Subchapter D, §§10.301 - 10.307 Underwriting and Loan Policy of the Uniform Multifamily Rules (PDF)
- List of Approved Market Analysts
- Request for Qualifications for Market Study Analysis (PDF)
- HUD form 92273-s8 (XLS) with instructions (DOC) is recommended as a guide for rental rate adjustment matrixes included in submitted market analyses.
- Please contact Pamela Cloyde at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding Market Analysis information.
- Property Condition Assessment Cost Schedule Supplement (XLS)
- 2015 Market Analysis Summary Exhibit (XLS)
- HUD form 92273-s8 (see Market Analysis section above)
- 2014 Regional Operating Expense Database (PDF) - year-end 2012 data
- 2014 Statewide Operating Expense Database (PDF) - year-end 2012 data
- HTC Applicable Percentages and Calculation of Underwriting Rates to be Used (PDF) or (XLS) - updated by the fifth day of each month.
Real Estate Analysis is providing this data as advisory and indicative and solely as a point of reference. Factors affecting operating expenses (such as development type, size, location and age, as well as target population and management philosophies) may vary, and the user should consider these possible deviations. For that reason, under no circumstances should it (or any derivative thereof) be used in whole or in part for developing an operating expense pro forma for any specific project, except in a purely theoretical environment for comparative purposes.
For more information, please contact a Real Estate Analysis staff member.