Non-Competitive (4%) Housing Tax Credits
The Housing Tax Credit (HTC) Program is one of the primary means of directing private capital toward the development and preservation of affordable rental housing for low-income households. The tax credits are awarded to eligible participants and provide a source of equity financing for the development of affordable housing. Investors in qualified affordable multifamily residential developments can use the HTCs as a dollar-for-dollar reduction of federal income tax liability. The value associated with the HTCs allows housing to be leased to qualified families at below market rate rents. The Non-Competitive (4%) Housing Tax Credit program is coupled with the Multifamily Bond Program when the bonds finance at least 50% of the cost of the land and buildings in the Development. There are a variety of bond issuers (PDF) in the State from which to select, with some limitations on the location of the development. For more information, visit the FAQs page. For bond issuer or bond information, visit the Multifamily Bonds page.
Apply for Funds
Visit the Apply for Funds page for the Uniform Multifamily Application and supplemental program materials needed to complete your application. Visit the NOFAs and Rules page for the Uniform Multifamily Rules and Qualified Allocation Plan detailing scoring, threshold, and other requirements.
Current Application Cycle Information
2020 4% HTC Applications
- 2020 4% HTC Bond Status Log as of May 1, 2020 (XLSX)
- 2020 4% HTC Bond Status Log as of April 28, 2020 (XLSX)
- 2020 4% HTC Bond Status Log as of March 26, 2020 (XLSX)
- 2020 4% HTC Bond Status Log as of December 20, 2019 (XLSX)
- + 2020 4% Individually Imaged Bond Applications (PDF format)- reveals a new section
Please refer to the 4% HTC Bond Status Log for active TDHCA#s
- + Appraisals (PDF format)- reveals a new section
- + Environmental Site Assessments (PDF format)- reveals a new section
- + Market Studies (PDF format)- reveals a new section
- + Property Condition Assessments (PDF format)- reveals a new section
- + Site Design Feasibility Reports (PDF Format)- reveals a new section
- Approved Trustees for Multifamily Bond Transactions (DOCX)
- HTC Property Inventory (XLSX) as of March 26, 2020 Board Meeting
- HTC Rent and Income Limits
- Local Housing Finance Corporation Contact List (PDF) (XLSX)
Additional Guidance and Resources
Additional reference materials for applicants and awardees are included below. For information regarding public hearings and TDHCA Board meetings, please visit the Community Information page. For forums and recent announcements, please visit the Announcements & Forums page. For a list of upcoming events and trainings, please review the Events Calendar.
Post Award Guidance
Visit Asset Management for due dates and items pertaining to Owner Transfer Information, Amendment Requests, and Cost Certification. Visit the Compliance page for monitoring guidelines, Annual Owner's Compliance Report information, and the Income and Rent tool.