Multifamily Direct Loan Program
April is Fair Housing Month! Learn more about what it means and why it matters at TDHCA’s Fair Housing 101 page.
The Multifamily Direct Loan Program provides funding to nonprofit and for-profit entities for the new construction or rehabilitation of affordable multifamily rental developments. Funding is typically provided in the form of low interest rate, repayable construction-to-permanent loans. Multifamily developments funded through the Department’s Multifamily Direct Loan Program must comply with long-term rent and income restrictions and may be layered with additional funding sources (such as Housing Tax Credits). For more information, visit the FAQs page.
- Revised 2016 National Housing Trust Fund Allocation Plan (PDF)
- 2017 Multifamily Direct Loan Rule (10 TAC Chapter 13) (PDF)
- HOME Final Rule (24 CFR Part 92) (ecfr.gov)
- National Housing Trust Fund Interim Rule (24 CFR Part 93) (ecfr.gov)
- 2017 Uniform Multifamily Rules (10 TAC Chapter 10) (PDF)
Apply for Funds
Visit the Apply for Funds page for the Uniform Multifamily Application and supplemental program materials needed to complete your application. Visit the NOFAs and Rules page for Notices of Funding Availability and the Uniform Multifamily Rules for scoring, threshold, and other requirements.
Current Application Cycle Information
Additional Guidance and Resources
Additional reference materials for applicants and awardees are included below. For information regarding public hearings and TDHCA Board meetings, please visit the Community Information page. For forums and recent announcements, please visit the Announcements & Forums page. For a list of upcoming events and trainings, please review the TDHCA Events Calendar.
For information on the following Federal Cross Cutting Requirements information, please click on the following links:
For training information related to any of these Federal Cross Cutting Requirements, please visit the Program Services Training page.
For instructions on how to request a Mid Construction and Final Construction Inspection, please visit the Compliance division’s Construction Inspections and Accessibility page.
Post Award Guidance
Visit the Compliance page for monitoring guidelines, Annual Owner's Compliance Report information, and the Income and Rent tool.
- Multifamily HOME Contract template (PDF)
- Multifamily TCAP Contract template (PDF)
- Multifamily Direct Loan Closing Due Diligence Checklist (PDF)
- Closing Reservation Form (PDF)
- Post Award and Asset Management Requirements for Direct Loans (10 TAC §10.403) (sos.state.tx.us)
Multifamily Direct Loan Draw Processing Forms
- Multifamily Draw Workbook (XLS)
- Housing Contract System Access Form (DOC)
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form 74-176 (Texas Comptroller Web site)
- Application for Texas Identification Number Form AP-152 (Texas Comptroller Web site)
- Closing Reservation Form (DOC)
Multifamily Direct Loan Draw Instructions
Multifamily Direct Loan Webinar: Award to Final Draw (presented 10/25/13)
- Webinar video archive (1:14:43) (Windows Media Player required)
- Training Slides (provided in PDF format)