- If you or someone you know is in need of assistance, please visit our Help for Texans page.
Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP)
The Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) is a utility assistance program. CEAP is designed to assist low income households in meeting their immediate energy needs and to encourage consumers to control energy costs for years to come through energy education. The CEAP involves integration of all LIHEAP-funded programs, thereby enhancing efficiency and effectiveness of services provided to clients and eliminating duplication of services. The CEAP is administered through subrecipients, which collectively cover all 254 counties of the state.
- CEAP Subrecipients (PDF)
- CEAP Subrecipients By County – List (XLS)
- CEAP Subrecipients By County – MAP (PDF)
How to apply for CEAP assistance
If you need assistance with utility bills (CEAP),review the above list and/or map to find the local CEAP service provider (PDF) nearest you. Also, you may:
- Visit Help for Texans and select Utility Bill Help to find your local utility assistance provider.
- Contact the Texas Information and Referral Network toll free at 877-541-7905, dial 2-1-1, or visit www.211texas.org for other local utility assistance provider(s) near you.
- From a landline, call toll free at (877) 399-8939 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The toll free number will directly connect you with the CEAP service provider in your county.
Want to save additional energy? Learn how to lower your utility bills at TDHCA’s Home Weatherization Tips for Energy Savings page.
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) State Plan (PDF)